On 15/02/12 08:10, Steve Shipway wrote:
> This is only a guess, but is Augeas doing a STRING comparison of the values
> instead of a NUMERICAL one?
>
> String-wise,   "7000" < "80" but numerically it's the other way around.
>
> Can you try setting the current value to '1' and see if Augeas wants to
> change it to 784009728.  If it does, then that's the issue.
>
> As to WHY it would be doing a string-wise comparison, I don't know.  It could
> be down to the version of  Augeas or the Puppet agent.  Try upgrading to the
> latest and test it again...

I'm pretty sure you're right with this.  From a quick look at the code,
then it's simply not designed to work with integer values in settings.

You'd need to file an RFE against Puppet for this, as the conditionals
are implemented in the provider (not part of Augeas at all).

--
Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Consulting