I've been working on querying the inventory service in puppet and ran
across a behavior that does not appear to be documented anywhere.  I
wanted to check to verify this is not a bug before documenting it
somewhere.  In the inventory service, examining the facts on a node
returns a value of "true" or "false".  For instance, is_virtual:
"true".  However, when querying the inventory service for nodes that
have a boolean defined as either true or false, searching a boolean
for "true" returns nothing, and "false" returns all values where this
is defined.

$ curl -k -3 -H "Accept: yaml"
https://puppet:8140/production/facts_search/search?facts.is_virtual=true
--- []

$ curl -k -3 -H "Accept: yaml"
https://puppet:8140/production/facts_search/search?facts.is_virtual=false
---
<long list of both virtual and physical servers>

If the value given is "TRUE" or "FALSE" the search works as intended.

$ curl -k -3 -H "Accept: yaml"
https://puppet:8140/production/facts_search/search?facts.is_virtual=TRUE
---
<long list of only virtual servers>

$ curl -k -3 -H "Accept: yaml"
https://puppet:8140/production/facts_search/search?facts.is_virtual=FALSE
---
<long list of only physical servers>

Neither the inventory service documentation or the REST API
documentation seem to describe this behavior, ergo the reason I am
unsure if this is a bug or expected behavior.  This is running against
puppet 2.6.12.