* Nan Liu <n...@puppetlabs.com> [2012-02-27 17:02:49 -0800]:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Sonia Hamilton <so...@snowfrog.net> wrote:
> > (Puppet 0.25.4).
> >
> > Is there an easy way of doing a puppet client run with just one class,
> > so I can test it?
> >
> > I've inherited an old, crufty puppet setup with lots of classes, and I
> > want to go through each class one by one and watch the puppet client
> > running against puppetd.
> >
> > Thanks, Sonia.
>
> Rather than trying to do this in agent/master, probably much easier to
> replicate all your modules to your agent for testing. I think you can
> run:
>
> puppet -e "include 'sample' " --noop
>
> In 2.6+ should be:
> puppet apply -e "class { 'sample': }" --noop
>
> Most likely your modules will have interdependencies between each
> other, so it probably won't be this straightforward. If the authors of
> the modules provided tests directories and manifests in them, maybe
> you can run against them instead.

Thanks for your help Nan. I have some scripts setup that allow me to run
my workstation as an adhoc puppetmaster, so I won't try replicating my
modules. Also, the key facts are pulled out of LDAP'ish backend, so
"it's complicated"...

But the "puppet -e" trick looks good, I'll try it later. If I have this
heirarchy, what would I put in the include statement to run foo's
init.pp?

puppet/
  unstable/
    modules/