I did up a nifty deployment engine using Jenkins.  Give the devs/CM a form
(e.g. "silo", application versions, etc).  It would figure out what it
needed to deploy and then do so, complete with telling the Nagios system to
disable checks while everything was going on.  Foreman/Puppet could be the
right tool for a *production* environment, particularly if your
applications can be deployed piecemeal, but doing it for dev seems like it
would add increased overhead without any real benefit.