If I externalise my Puppet module config to a directory outside of
Puppet using the modulepath / manifestdir settings:

[main]
    pluginsync=true
    modulepath=/home/ec2-user/projects/qmg-puppet/etc/puppet/modules
    manifestdir=/home/ec2-user/projects/qmg-puppet/etc/puppet/
manifests

the agents log the following error:

"Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve information from source(s)
puppet://my-dns-name/plugins"

which I think means they no longer seem to be able to find the Facter
facts I have installed in $modulepath/<module>/lib/facter ?

Do I also need to set the pluginsource setting and if so, where to?
Any pointers gratefully appreciated!

Cheers, Drew