Is there any reason why my facts are loading 4-5x (I have even seen 6x) on
puppet client runs?  I am running 2.7.9, I remember running 2.6 and seeing
usually 2x.  Is there a known bug here or some configuration problem that
could be causing this?

Some of my facts collect/parse a bunch of data and can be time consuming.
 Adding an extra few seconds may not seem like a lot but when doing that
across several 100 nodes at a time it adds up it seems a bit excessive.

-Chris