I´m trying to utilize the new stdlib module, but got stuck after
installation on my puppet server.

I´ve tried to use the included test file file_line.pp on the server, but
it´s only creating the file - but not managing the content.

the same problem on my clients (the new provider file_line has been
synced), it´s just not working:

        file_line { 'puppet master host entry':
                line => '172.16.240.200  master.dev.puppetlabs.com
master',
                path => '/etc/hosts',
        }

do you have any Ideas what´s wrong?