I am using stdlib module's validate_re function to validate parameters
passed to a parameterized class as pasted here:  http://pastebin.com/7eYAeLEa
.

The validation works fine however when I run this manifest locally
using 'puppet apply' command where puppet execution stops if a
validation test fails. However when I use it in client-server model
then I do see a validation match failure error but rest of the puppet
manifest application (file creation) proceeds fine instead of
failing.

System information:
* CentOS release 6.2
* ruby 1.8.7
* facter 1.6.6
* Puppet 2.6.14

Am I missing something in the manifest? Any pointers will be really
helpful.

--
Thanks,
Shantanu