Firstly my apologies for posting this if it has been answered
elsewhere and I missed it while looking.

I'm starting to look at using Puppet to manage our fleet of Mac's
running OS X in our lab environment and I'm quite impressed with it
from my testing so far.

I have tested the functionality of the autosign.conf file with the
hostnames of the trusted clients in it.

However, if I re-image one of the Mac's as we occasionally do that
destroys the client certificate that it uses for the puppetca request.
Thus the puppet master see's a request with a different certificate
from a node with a hostname that has had its trust relationship
established with a different certificate.

This is probably a noob question but I haven't been able to figure it
out. How do I get around this in an automated manner. I don't want to
have to revoke certificates each time I re-image a Mac so they can be
re-trusted by the puppet master. Is there something like a root
certificate I could build into the image to establish the trust
relationship easily and securely each time a Mac is re-imaged?

many thanks

Sean