On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Wil Cooley <wilcoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I am unable to run any of the rspec tests--not just in
> has_interface_with_spec.rb, but on any of the specs. They fail with:
>
>      Failure/Error: Unable to find matching line from backtrace
>      NoMethodError:
>        undefined method `initialize_everything_for_tests' for
> #<Puppet::Util::Settings:0x2b7d43d59940>
>
> I've got 2.7.13, RPMs built yesterday, both puppet and puppet-master
> installed:

Ah, this is a problem our platform team is actively working on right now.

The problem is that modules like stdlib need Puppet to be initialized
in a manner suitable for testing.  Setting things like confdir and
what not.  This means different actions for different versions of
Puppet, and stdlib works all the way back through 2.6.

In any event, if you run against Puppet 2.7.x from source, this method
should already be added to Puppet.

We should also have stdlib fixed up shortly.

If you'd like to actively work on this, please feel free to hop into
#puppet and or #puppet-dev on freenode and ping cprice or myself.

More background information on this problem is located at:
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/13693

Hope this helps,
-Jeff