On Apr 12, 3:07 pm, puppetguest <amorph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have choosen to split my module into several .pp files as i have
> seen in an example and makes it cleaner i think.
>
> \modules\mysoftware\
> init.pp
> install.pp
> config.pp
> service.pp
>
> Is that recommended or too many disadvantages ?

The recommended method is to put each class and each definition in its
own file.  If there is a class with the same qualified name as the
module then it goes in the init.pp; all other classes and definitions
should go into files whose names correspond to the name of the class
or definition they contain.

How you assign resources to classes is an entirely separate question.
That may be more what you were asking about, but if you want opinions
on that question then you'll need to show us what you're doing.

John