Hello,

So I'm working my way through writing custom functions for puppet 2.7.6,
and what I think is valid seems not to be, and unfortunately I can't find
any additional help in the docs.  I've got a pastebin link
(http://pastebin.com/HimPyWHh) that shows my function, site.pp, and the
file I'm trying to manipulate with my function.  It's fairly basic as you
can tell.

I'm getting the following error from the client: err: Could not retrieve
catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: can't convert nil into
String at /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp:81 on node thing
I've been through the troubleshooting stages, ruby -rpuppet fileModify.rb,
irb etc. and those work fine.

If I make a syntax error in the function, puppet quite happily complains
about it, so it can certainly read the function file.

any suggestions? questions? help? :)
ohh, and I'm following this guide here:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/custom_functions.html

Chris-