class filecheck {
  include myapp
  file { "puppet:///modules/myapp/MyApp_GA.tar.gz":
    owner => 'myapp',
    group => 'myapp',
    ensure => latest,
    path => "/opt/apps/myapp/artifacts/MyApp_GA.tar.gz",

class myapp::decompress {
  exec { "myapp::decompress":
    owner => 'myapp',
    group => 'myapp',
    mode => 0755,
    command => "/bin/tar -xzf MyApp_GA.tar.gz -C /opt/apps/myapp/release"
}

in my puppet manifests/nodes.pp
I have defined several stages e.g.

nodes.pp
========
stage {
  "stop_service": ;
 }

 node mynode.com {
   include filecheck, myapp
 }

What I need is if filecheck fails, then execution should stop and should go
no further.

-Suresh