Arnau, is it possible for you to send me a copy of your manifests?  A colleague
and I were recently trying to find out where the slowness in 2.7 really was.
We weren't able to pinpoint it as we had to move on to something else, but we
were not able to generate a catalog that had compile time differences of this
magnitude.  Seeing a catalog causing this degree of slowness would greatly help
us pin point what's going on.

I understand if this isn't possible, and if so it would help if you could give
us a high level overview of your manifests such as number of classes, resources
per class, use of conditionals, and use of functions.

-- Carl Caum
Puppet Labs