LDAP is something we've been considering and will probably
be implementing that sooner than later.  However while that takes care of
the 100s of regular web users, we still don't think we want our 8-10 system
administrators to be doing that.  So we're still have the problem of trying
to get puppet to handle them as well as pick up changes and propagate them.