nice!!

This has excellent potential, two quick questions without getting hands-on
first, So please tell me to get handson if that is actually the best way to
see the maybe obvious.

We are running in an hybrid system of physical hardware and openstack, does
razor play nice together with openstack? Maybe by building a custom
openstack image that bootstraps into ipxe?

We also run what i would call a service management database. Which knows
about the running services and their requirements. Combined with a program
that monitors the instances and starts/stops new ones as required. I
imagine extending this to also monitor physical systems and automatically
replace failed once from the reserve pool.

This would require a little stricter matching then 32GB/Dell/ssd  because i
have ten of those and only want one. What strategy's could I follow in
this? query razor for the available systems and create a matching profile
based on serial from the monitoring program?

Is there also the option to query external resources to determine extra
facts? would this be done through the deployment of custom facts?

Great work,

Jos