On 14.06.2012 19:07, Deepak Giridharagopal wrote:
    At least there is a potential for some user guidance.  For example,
    would the problem be adequately addressed if all manifests and data
    were encoded in UTF-8 and the agent were ensured to run in a
    UTF-8-based locale?

Correct on all accounts, I think. I'll add that suggestion to the
ticket. Ultimately, this needs be fixed in core.

JFTR: +1 for recommending/enforcing UTF-8 on manifests. File contents and data of course is something completely different, but you know that anyways.

Best Regards, David