Hi,

On 06/21/2012 07:25 PM, Zach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use a custom fact to determine and build custom reports on the version
> of certain packages on a system.  If the package is updated, the fact is
> not updated during that run, falsely reporting the previous version
> until the next puppet run. Is there a way to make facter facts update at
> the end of a puppet run? Or is there something else I might be overlooking?
>
> Let me know if any additional info is needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Zach

This cannot really work. The reason is that facts are only sent once and
used while the master compiles the catalog for the node. The catalog is
sent to the agent, and it's the agent's responsibility to take action as
required. These actions can indeed change facts. But as you correctly
observed, this cannot influence the catalog being currently applied, but
will only take effect on the next compilation instead.

Hope this makes things more clear.

Cheers,
Felix