Hello Everyone;

I am just learning puppet and playing around.

I was testing the 'subscribe' metaparameter and making changes to the live
file on the node, specifically, making modifications the
/etc/ssh/sshd_config.  What I found out was that puppet does not detect
changes to the live file, but, if I stage a new copy of the file (with
modifications), add it as a source to the resource, then subscribe does
restart the service.  I just wanted to make sure that my understanding is
correct...

Also, if my goal is to ensure that the contents of the file are NOT being
changed on the target host, how do you reccommend that I accomplish this?

Thank you!