On 25/06/2012, at 11:48 PM, Kelsey Hightower wrote:

> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:51:45 AM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
> Thanks,
> It appears to be something internal to the hiera function, so I'll have to go
> digging in there to find out what's going on.
>
> Cheers
>
> Are you in position to **test** the 1.0rc branches of hiera and hiera-puppet?
Just tried them, unfortunately I got exactly the same error….
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: can't
convert Array into String at

--trace on the client (using puppet agent) hasn't given me anything useful.

I can extract the data using on the server using hiera, so it would seem to be
something in the puppet functions. Hopefully I'll be able to spend some time
and look at the functions in a bit more detail soon.