On 29/06/12 02:18, R. Tyler Croy wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012, Gregory Orange wrote:
Are there providers documented somewhere? I'm not sure where to

The different package resource providers and their differences documented here:
<http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#package>

Great, thank you. I've settled upon portupgrade as the best provider, since I can use it to build from the NFS mounted /usr/ports tree. Now I am experiencing a quirk when a package is to be newly installed:

'ensure => installed' or 'ensure => present' results in the package being installed as expected.
http://pastebin.com/sdH8F7p1

'ensure => latest' yields no change. For the sample package net/rsync:
http://pastebin.com/HsEaGDRa

The key difference being on line 4 of the paste:
installed: portinstall
latest: pkg_info

pkg_info is _not_ going to install the packages!

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,
Greg.