*Note, I'm very green when it comes to ruby development..

I've created a couple of custom providers and types, both of which
rely on a particular ruby gem in order to function. How should I go
about ensuring the gem dependency on the puppet clients before puppet
syncs the plugins (the broken 'require' in the provider will cause
puppet to exit during a run)?

On the same line, I would like to push this module to the puppet
forge. Is there a way to specify a ruby gem or library dependency
(outside of other puppet modules) when using the puppet module tool?