Hi

I have a resource that is slow to come into service and I have other resources
that are dependent on the service in order to be configured. I've been
searching for the "puppet way" to do this, but all the options I've found don't
seem optimal, so I'm assuming there is a better way that I'm missing.

I have several instances, so I want puppet to kick them off in parallel. And I
want the reliant services to be configured as soon as possible when the slow
services are ready

So I don't really want to use long timeout/multiple retry because I believe
that won't be executed in parallel - and anyway, it's not a retry I want, it's
a wait

I don't want to have Mcollective/AMQP just for this one problem, it feels like
a sledgehammer to crack a nut

I don't want some external process to repeatedly kick puppet repeatedly until
the dependency is resolved and the reliant service can be configured

I'm imagining something like a semaphore, puppet sleeps and wakes up when the
semaphore is flipped (the slow resource is available)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, first post etc ...

Thanks

Dave