Lee,

You have some good points.  The Rdoc to html conversion is nice.  You can
put it on an internal webserver and share with other members of your team.
 It is a bit tedious, however, and scraping the params from the classes
would be a great feature.

NIST provides guidelines for RHEL, along with many other operating systems
and applications. I was very excited to see that they are distributing
puppet modules in conjunction with the typical, unwieldy spreadsheet to
demonstrate the changes! (
http://usgcb.nist.gov/usgcb/rhel/download_rhel5.html)

Puppet is touted as self-documenting, but what happens when we want to
print out the documentation or incorporate into our existing documentation
formats?

I use Sphinx for documentation which is based on the fairly simple RST
format.  I'm sure people out there use a variety of documentation
applications to wrangle all their IT docs in one central place.  I often
update my documentation and periodically print it out and create a binder
for reference.  I would love to be able to append my puppet modules to this
binder.  This would make my documentation whole!

Before I drift, it seems there are different ideas within the doc module.
 Here are a few of my thoughts as to how puppet-doc could be useful to me
and others similarly (hopefully):

* Semi-automated rdoc markup generation would be nice.
* An option to output documentation in multiple formats, such as (rdoc,
rst, pdf, html, etc.)
* An option to convert everything under a single module/ directory directly
to output format of choice
* An option to convert all documentation under /etc/puppet to output of
choice

I'm sure others have some other cools ways of how they can use this module.
 Please contribute your ideas and help shape this useful feature.

Giovanni