I've heard this project mentioned a few times and I have found the projects
site on github.

Is there information available on how to setup the repos that it would pull
from (layout etc)? The boxes I would be using this on do not have access to
the Puppet Forge but this project looks like it would be useful in
addressing somethings I've been trying to decide on how to handle for a
while now.

I know that as of yet there isn't a way to setup a true private forge,
though some options are in the works (pulp, for example). Unfortunately,
pulp is currently on officially supported on Fedora/RHEL based systems and
YUM repos, though they are working on expanding the options.

Any other suggestions or recommendations for getting started with this
would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

--Lee