Hello puppet experts

i have followed the following docoment to setup separate environment
for development testing and production
http://puppetlabs.com/blog/git-workflow-and-puppet-environments/

can i use environment  variable inside a module and thus calling separate
modules for separate  environment
when developing new module , after testing it in testing environment  i can
move/copy it to my prodcution module path without the need to change the
path in (source  => 'puppet:///development/
repolist/files/CentOS-Base.repo')
i just put "$environment" instead of the real environment name
 source  => 'puppet:///$environment/repolist/files/CentOS-Base.repo'
can this be accomplished ? does modules => source  understnds the machine
environment i select in foreman ?

thank you
attached is my puppet.conf on puppetmaster

[main]
    logdir = /var/log/puppet
    rundir = /var/run/puppet
    ssldir = $vardir/ssl
#modulepath=/etc/puppet/modules:/etc/puppet/modules/development:/etc/puppet/modules/common:/etc/puppet/modules/production
manifest=/etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp
[agent]
    classfile = $vardir/classes.txt
    localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
    report      = true
    pluginsync  = true
    masterport  = 8140
    environment = production
    certname    = puppetserver.mycompany.com<http://puppetserver.plimus.com>
    server      = puppetserver.mycompany.com<http://puppetserver.plimus.com>

[master]
    autosign       = $confdir/autosign.conf { mode = 664 }
    reports        = foreman
    external_nodes = /etc/puppet/node.rb
    node_terminus  = exec
[development]
    modulepath     = /etc/puppet/modules/development
[production]
    modulepath     = /etc/puppet/modules/production
[testing]
  modulepath = /etc/puppet/modules/testing