On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Eric Shamow <e...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> Specifically the types need to be in the server's $libdir. You can place them
> there manually, but the way they generally get there is via pluginsync. So
> the easiest way to ensure the master can process them is to place them in the
> module path used by the server *when the server is acting as a puppet agent*
> and run puppet agent on the server.
>
> This will sync the types to the correct directory on the master and enable it
> to parse them when they are used elsewhere.
>
> -Eric

Actually, *sigh* something else is wrong, because I used the concat
module earlier, after enabling pluginsync on both master and client,
and it seems to have synced what it needs ok:

[us1:i-f8350ebe] root@testweb10:/var/lib/puppet/lib# ls -l
total 8
drwxr-sr-x 2 root root 4096 2012-08-14 18:02 facter
drwxr-sr-x 4 root root 4096 2012-08-14 20:35 puppet
[us1:i-f8350ebe] root@testweb10:/var/lib/puppet/lib# cd facter/
[us1:i-f8350ebe] root@testweb10:/var/lib/puppet/lib/facter# ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 103 2012-08-14 18:02 concat_basedir.rb

Something else is wrong, something specifically with puppetlabs/lvm.
The concat module is in the same environment too.

Doug.