On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Douglas Garstang
<doug.garst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My issue may be related to this bug:
>
> http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/13858
>
> "Custom types in environments require loading into master's libdir"
>
> However, now I'm not so sure, This was working previously with a given
> client.  However, after trying on a fresh client, it's failing with:
>
> err: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not find a
> default provider for logical_volume
>
> The server seems to have the files:
> /var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/provider/logical_volume
> /var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/type/logical_volume.rb
>
> And so does the client:
> /var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/type/logical_volume.rb
> /var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/provider/logical_volume
>
> pluginsync=true in /etc/puppet/puppet.conf. Using multiple
> environments and puppet 2.7.1.

I tried applying the patch at
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/commit/96712efeb543928704fc9938e7429552d8ded039
on both the server and client. That had the effect of changing the
error on the client from:

err: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not find a
default provider for logical_volume

to:

err: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not find a
default provider for volume_group

Doug.