Hello,

Thanks a lot for your input. Steve's solution is not possible in my
environment because I do not have the previous client cert on
reinstallation.

Nan's solution seems to work fine in my context:

On the server: /etc/puppet/autosign.conf:
*.mydomain

On the client:/etc/puppet/puppet.conf
[agent]
certname="mydesktop-201208160928.mydomain"

# rm -rf /var/lib/puppet/ssl
# puppet agent --test

This is generated at install time of course.
The cert is automatically signed.
It works fine if you just change the certname again and relaunch the agent.

The nice side-effect is that I can have a cleanup script on the server that
does a puppet cert clean for all mydesktop-*.mydomain except the most
recent one.

Thanks,

Jerome