----- Original Message -----

| On Monday, August 20, 2012, James A. Peltier wrote:

| | Hi All,
|

| | I'm trying to write some plugins that should only be sync'd if
| | they're for a specific platform. For example, in our environment
| | we're supporting Solaris, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS and Mac OS X.
| | We've
| | developed some OS X plugins and some Solaris plugins but we've
| | noticed that our Linux hosts have imported our OS X plugins and now
| | throw errors each time the agent is started
|
| Plugins are always synced, regardless of platform. What types of
| plugins are you developing?

| The best way to deal with this is to deactivate the provider or fact
| on systems that don't support the behavior.

| -Jeff
| --

We've developed a set of plugins for managing Macs entirely via puppet. The
providers are available here https://github.com/dayglojesus/x_types We're also
making extensive use of already available modules.

How do I go about deactivating providers and facts specific to platforms?

--

James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
in life but as by the obstacles they have overcome. - Booker T. Washington