On 09/16/2012 11:31 AM, Dick Davies wrote:
We use Cobbler for our Centos/RHEL kickstarts (around 150+ nodes, mainly VMs)
and a very simple .ks that adds puppetd. on first boot it starts up
and we manually sign the CSR on the puppet master.

+1

except that we allow autosigning from certain subnets.

Historically, we didn't want tight integration between provisioning and CM as we
were new to both and if one turned out to be a lemon we didn't want to have to
abandon both.

We started with both together at the same time :)

We only provision a few nodes a day max. so that works ok. Lately I've been
thinking of replacing Cobbler with The Foreman, which has better
Puppet integration.

What does foreman provide better than cobbler?

--
Jakov Sosic
www.srce.unizg.hr