Okay, I am one step farther.

After seeing "Invalid resource" for about 100 times I symlinked the type
and provider dirs to /var/.../puppet/ (the global, core putty installation
files).
I basically wanted to see if I have an invalid ruby file, or if puppet
simply doesn't notice the downloaded plugins.

It turns out - the latter. in the global puppet dir I get no more "Invalid
type" errors, and my debug print statement in the exists? method gets
printed.

Now - what do I have to do to make puppet realize that this stupid plugin
is there? It _does_ even autoload it - if I change it I get a diff printed,
the code gets executed (I see print statements I put in there) - but once
the type shall be acutally used puppet chickens out. This is so extremely
annoying.

Pluginsync = true is activated in the [main] and [master] section of client
and master.

Does nobody have any idea? I am using puppet 2.6.17 from the SuSE SLES 11
SP2 repo.

thanks in advance & greetings!
Axel.