Hey there,

I'm currently in the process of migrating a 0.25.4 puppet master to 2.6.

Since we're really not sure about how things will work out if I just
upgrade the puppetmaster and pray, I chose to create a new master and to
integrate one node at a time with 2.6 to make sure that everything goes
well on every node.

Now I'm wondering if anyone has tried the following or has any
interesting info about whether or not it would be a good idea:

>From what I understand of storeconfigs, it is possible to plug both
puppetmasters on the same MySQL db. Are there any possibilities of
issues with having two puppetmasters with *different versions* hit on
the same db ?

The goal of the above scenario with the storeconfigs db would be to keep
the nagios configuration functional across puppet master versions while
migrating nodes to the 2.6 master.

--
Gabriel Filion