Hi,

I am evaluating Puppet 3.0 on my test puppetmaster. I have what looks
like a regression from Puppet 2.7.19:

Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/ircamnetwork.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/root_home.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/passenger_root.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/raid_md.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/mysql.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/ircamserver.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/facter_dot_d.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
Info: Caching catalog for cobbler-staging.ircam.fr
Info: Applying configuration version '1349189813'
Error:
/Stage[main]/Collectd::Node/Collectd::Collectd_service[network]/File[/etc/collectd.d/network.conf]:
 Could not evaluate: Error 400 on SERVER: Not authorized to call find on
/file_metadata/private/modules/collectd/network.conf Could not retrieve file
metadata for puppet:///private/modules/collectd/network.conf: Error 400 on
SERVER: Not authorized to call find on
/file_metadata/private/modules/collectd/network.conf
/Stage[main]/Collectd/Service[collectd]: Dependency
File[/etc/collectd.d/network.conf] has failures: true
Warning: /Stage[main]/Collectd/Service[collectd]: Skipping because of failed
dependencies
Finished catalog run in 5.41 seconds

I am aware of bug #16667 but I fail to see if it is relevant; I never
saw the deprecation notice when running Puppet 2.7.

To give a little more detail, here is the definition of
collectd_service:

  define collectd_service () {
    file { "/etc/collectd.d/${name}.conf":
      source => [
                 "puppet:///private/modules/collectd/${name}.conf",
                 "puppet:///modules/collectd/services/${name}.conf",
                 ],
      owner => 'root',
      group => 'root',
      mode => '0444',
      require => Package['collectd'],
      notify => Service['collectd'],

So IIUC, the client should first try the private mount on the
fileserver, and fall back to the module in case of failure, right? And
here is the contents of fileserver.conf, which defines the private
mount:

[files]
 path /etc/puppet/files
 allow 129.102.0.0/16
 allow 2001:660:3004::/49

[private]
 path /etc/puppet/files-private/%H
 allow 129.102.0.0/16
 allow 2001:660:3004::/49

Here are the debug logs on both sides if needed:

http://files.glou.org/puppet/puppetmaster-fileserver-failure.log
http://files.glou.org/puppet/puppet-agent-fileserver-failure.log