So, we use dynamic environments based off of git branches. Thus, for
the 3.0 upgrade, i've got a puppet3 branch. So far, on the change in
there is to have nodes running from it upgrade to puppet 3.0.0,

so, I can take a node, and do:

puppet agent --test --environment=puppet3
and this will install 3.0.0, as well as edit the environment in
/etc/puppet/puppet.conf on the node to be "puppet3"

However, subsequent runs, with with --environment=puppet3 passed, or
relying on the puppet.conf setting, of the now 3.0.0 node, results in:

Warning: Local environment: "puppet3" doesn't match server specified
node environment "production", switching agent to "production".

at which point it re-write the puppet.conf and downgrades back to
2.7.19 (which, is cool that is WORKS, isn't what i want).

Now, I don't HAVE the environment defined sever side for this node.
with 2.7.x clients, everything is production unless the client
specifies otherwise. Is this a new behavior on 3.0?

all looks like:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/3910#note-82

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/commit/43e15f57c0f3866423a8bd67d3cdb5b2e06b31cc

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/16275

but has this not been merged to the release 3.0.0 code yet?

Thanks!

--
Matthew Nicholson