On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Jeff McCune wrote:
>> Either just use installed, or a specific version, and then you can upgrade
>> when you are ready to.
>
> Even if you use ensure => installed, newly provisioned nodes will get
> the latest available version at the time Puppet first runs, which will
> cause issues unless you're also running a compatible Puppet master.

We have solved this here by only copying down the RPMs to a local repository
after they have been tested. We've had too many puppet and facter versions
cause major problems to take anything without a full testing cycle.

That said, it's a lot of work. I'd love to see the yum/etc resources updated to
allow for < and <= versions.

--
Jo Rhett