Hi @all,

I have a problem with my Puppet setup after upgrading to Puppet 3 (OS:
SL6.3). I use a puppetmaster with ENC (foreman) to provide classes to my
clients. On the master, everything looks good as far as I can tell:

$ cat /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
### /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
#
# Puppet configuration file
#

[main]
    # Non-default locations
    logdir = /var/log/puppet
    rundir = /var/run/puppet
    ssldir = /var/lib/puppet/ssl

    # Report to master puppet server
    report = true
    report_server = puppet.int.domain.local
    reports = log,foreman

    # Fact synchronisation
    pluginsync = true

[agent]
    # Non-default locations
    classfile = /var/lib/puppet/classes.txt
    localconfig = /var/lib/puppet/localconfig

    # Interval and master
    runinterval = 3600
    server = puppet.int.domain.local

    # Report actions
    report = true
    graph = true

[master]
    # Settings for local database used by puppetmaster
    storeconfigs = true
    dbadapter = mysql
    dbuser = puppet
    dbpassword = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    dbserver = localhost
    dbsocket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

    # Syslog settings
    syslogfacility = user

    # The server through which to send email reports.
    smtpserver = mail.int.domain.local

    # Settings for reporting
    rrdgraph = true

    # Fix SSL settings
    ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
    ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY

    # Manage Puppet nodes configuration with Foreman
    external_nodes = /etc/puppet/node.rb
    node_terminus = exec
$ /etc/puppet/node.rb wiki.int.domain.local
---
  parameters:
    root_pw: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    hostgroup: web
    mac: "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
    foreman_env: production
    owner_email: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
    comment: "Mediawiki Server"
    ip: "XXX.XXX.XXX.XX"
    owner_name: "Thomas Bendler"
    puppetmaster: ""
    domainname: "int.domain.local (Unknown)"
  classes:
    backup::bacula::client:
    mail::ssmtp:
    custom:
    backup::bacula:
    security:
    virtual:
    management:
    common:
    monitor:
  environment: production
$

So far, so good. When I exceute the puppet agent on the client side it also
looks good:

$ puppet agent --test
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/root_home.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/facter_dot_d.rb
Info: Caching catalog for wiki.int.domain.local
Info: Applying configuration version '1349862242'
Finished catalog run in 0.16 seconds
$

But when I check the classes that are applied on this box I see only:

$ cat /var/lib/puppet/classes.txt
settings
$

So it look like that not even one class is deployed on this box. This also
applies to all other systems and when I change things in my current classes
there is also nothing deployed to the clients. Any hints?

Regards, Thomas
--
Linux ... enjoy the ride!