Hi Dan,

If you can't connect to Forge from your node and using the http_proxy
configuration option isn't viable, you can download the tarball directly
from the Forge website and install it with the puppet module tool.

First, download the tarball from the website:
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/xinetd

Get that tarball onto your node somehow and then run the `puppet module
install` command against it. The --ignore-dependencies flag instructs the
tool to ignore the Forge (which is normally consulted for dependency
lookup) and just install the module. If the module does have dependencies
(listed on the web page), you'll need to install those as well.

Example: puppet module install puppetlabs-xinetd-1.1.0.tar.gz
--ignore-dependencies

Hope that helps!

--Ryan