Specifically, I get the following error...

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:779:in `report_activate_error':
Could not find RubyGem puppet (>= 0) (Gem::LoadError)

In our environment, we will have several discrete puppetmasters.  I need to
determine the proper method for standard installation.  It seems lime the
rpm install method will have issues if users decide to add on additional
gems in the future.

Any advice/insight you have would be greatly appreciated!