Josh, thanks for that ticket link. I've signed up as a watcher.

Jeff, I've added the puppet27_console code to a client machine, then added
the lines below to its puppet.conf, but no luck. Coloring remains the 3.0
version. Is that possible? Or did I do something wrong?

[main]
logdest = telly_prototype_console