Hmm, not sure if this is by design, but it looks like I had to do a *'puppet
agent -t'* run on the puppet master in order for *puppet device* to work...
:s

Also looks like the new providers etc are being downloaded by every single
client. Is this really necessary for something that's only intended to be
managed from the puppet master?

Cheers
Gavin