Hi all,

I have a application that I schedule via cron. This is a application that
runs once a week, either on Tuesday or Thursday. The scheduling is now done
via Puppet.

I now see that I need to redefine this, on some nodes the application
should for example only run the 3. Tuesday each month, not each Tuesday.
I want to do the scheduling using puppet and parameterized classes. For
example I want to be able to define:

foo {'Tuesday':
       week => '3',
       hour => '18',
       minute => '00',
}

This should generate a cron job ( that changes every month). For November
it should look like this:
00 18 20 11 *  /usr/bin/foo

Next month the crontab entry should be changed to:
00 18 18 20 * /usr/bin/foo

Has anyone done anything similar and are willing to give me some input on
how to solve this?

/ Alexander