So I thought puppet didn't care about the order of things unless
specifically told.  However I've come across one case where it apparently
does care.

This "works" as expected:

node /^univ\d+\.foo\.edu$/ {

$myvar = "foo"

include module_that_uses_myvar

}

This one doesn't "work" as expected

node /^univ\d+\.foo\.edu$/ {

include module_that_uses_myvar

$myvar = "foo"

}

In the 2nd one, module_that_uses_myvar seems to think $myvar is undef or
null or something that is most certainly not "foo" If it matters any,
$myvar is actually used in an erb template that the module has.  Our puppet
master is 2.7.12 and the client is 2.6.17.

I didn't see any bug reports about this.  Is this a known problem or just
not considered a bug?