Thanks. That worked. :)

On Wed 14 Nov 2012 10:11:10 PM IST, Jeff McCune wrote:
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:29 AM, Abhijeet R <abhijeet.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I created a custom function by reading the doc from here
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/custom_functions.html

It's a function to return proper filepath for a specific node by looking at
various stuff like facter, absolute path location etc. Now, I have a
requirement to log the actual path returned by the function in
/var/log/puppet/puppet.log.

How can I do that? Does this question better suited for puppet-dev or it can
be done easily? I want to use the function that's used to send debug log in
custom parser function.

You can simply use `debug "Hello World!"` inside the block passed to
the `newfunction` method.  You can see how the built in template()
function logs debug messages at:

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/3.0.1/lib/puppet/parser/functions/template.rb#L11

Hope this helps,
-Jeff