On Friday, November 16, 2012 5:11:22 PM UTC, Ellison Marks wrote:

> Could you give some more info on what you're trying to accomplish with
> this? That way we might offer some ideas to help.

Of course.  I use a temporary file to store a private key passphrase.  That
passphrase is used to allow the client machine to load the private key, and
clone repositories from github.  After puppet has installed the client
machine, I'd like it to delete this temporary file, so that future logins
prompt the user for the password.  It's not the end of the world to leave
it there, or for me to clean it up manually.  I know I could use
passwordless private keys, but I think it's better security to have
passphrases on them.