On Monday, 22 October 2012 11:03:06 UTC+1, Geert Booster wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Op donderdag 7 juni 2012 08:44:54 UTC+2 schreef vulzscht het volgende:
>>
>> i will dig into it a bit more and provide my results here in case of
>> success
>>

> Did you found any solution? I am looking at the same problems, after a
> fresh puppetmaster install with passenger, getting:
>
> err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 403 on SERVER:
> Forbidden request: FQDN(IP.Addr) access to /catalog/fqdn [find] at line 93
>
> ./ssl/certs/ca.pem is available...
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

Hi Geert,

I'm not sure if you are still having this problem but I was suffering from
it myself. I finally found that the problem was due to the following two
lines in my puppet.conf.

ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY

Once removed puppet works fine under nginx. I had noticed that they were
absent in this set of instructions that I was following
http://z0mbix.github.com/blog/2012/03/01/use-nginx-and-passenger-to-power-your-puppet-master/
 but
assumed that they needed to be there was the comment says to uncomment when
using passenger. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Greg