I'm pretty sure I ran into the infamous containment issue
(http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/8040) I have some questions regarding
this issue as well as the proposed work-around… anchors.

First off if all of the classes you are trying to contained are owned by you
could you not just use require instead of include? For example:

class foo {
   resouce { 'name':
        require => Class["bar"]

class bar {
   include a
   include b
   include c
}

The above snipped will cause a problem if the resource in Foo depends on a,b
and c being completed. Couldn't you just do this instead?

class bar {
   require a
   require b
   require c
}

I believe the above would work, but then again this is only if you "own" the
classes you are trying to include.. i.e., this won't work with external modules
that were downloaded from puppet forge. So, other than the use case when you
are trying to create a dependency on classes/modules you don't own, you could
just use require instead of anchors. Is this correct?

Ok now for my question on anchors. Well its more of a request then a question.
Could someone please post a simplified version of the work around using anchors
for the above situation? I tried to read though the wiki but I didn't fully
grasp how anchors worked. Didn't help that someone told me in the IRC room that
the example on the wiki has a bug in it.

Thanks for you help!

- M