On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM, GordonJB <g.bonth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe I've set up Apache/Passenger correctly, yes. Running
> passenger-status shows 12 processes running under the
> /usr/share/puppet/rack/puppetmasterd domain. Would setting up cron jobs be
> on top of this passenger configuration, or should Apache/Passenger be
> enough?

No, Apache/Passenger should definitely be enough.  So, do you happen
to have storeconfigs enabled?  If so, if it's pointing to an sqlite
DB, or if it's pointing to a networked DB (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and
your puppet.conf's dbconnections setting is too low, then you'd
probably be hitting contention there (see
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/3.0.latest/configuration.html#dbconnections).

Regards,

Matt.