Hi People,

I use Puppet 3.0 with Hiera using Yaml backend. Everything works great. I
am getting to a point where my yaml files a becoming really large, for
instance '%{environment}/roles/myapp.yaml' is pretty huge, over a hundred
of lines. So it's getting tricky to manage huge files. It contains various
configuration parameters for 'myapp' which is built out of multiple modules
and software components.

I believe it's pretty common to have an application which needs a ton of
configuration parameters, but you want to keep everything in hiera.

So I am just wondering how would you solve this issue?

My hierarchy:
:hierarchy:
  - '%{environment}/nodes/%{fqdn}'
  - '%{environment}/roles/%{role}'