I have two puppet master servers in my fledgling puppet infrastructure, a
production one and a dev one.

I have configured the production one as the authoritative CA, and I have
one test agent machine which I'm switching back and forth with the "server"
option in /etc/puppet/puppet.conf.

When I point the agent at the production server and do puppet agent -t, it
sets /var/lib/puppet/lib to be mode 2755.
When I have the production server (which is its own master) do puppet agent
-t, it sets /var/lib/puppet/lib to be mode 2755.

When I point the agent at the development server and do puppet agent -t, it
sets /var/lib/puppet/lib to be mode 0755.
When I have the development server (which is its own master) do puppet
agent -t, it sets /var/lib/puppet/lib to be mode 0755.

I'm running "service puppetmaster start", and "puppet agent -t", as root on
both servers.  The ownership and modes of the directories above
/var/lib/puppet/lib in their trees are identical.

/var/lib/puppet/lib isn't _in_ the modules and manifests paths on either
master.

The only differences in the puppet.confs of the two masters are:
- each master points at itself
- the development one has ca = false and ca_server = production.server.fqdn

How can I determine where /var/lib/puppet/lib's mode should be determined
(and since it's not even in the modules, why are the two masters trying to
control it on the agent)?

--Shawn